Wednesday, December 8, 2010

How I Met My Best Friends - Part One

I am going to start a series of blogs recalling the awesome events that led me to have the amazing friends that I am so blessed to have in my life.

The friends that I just cannot imagine my life without.

The first installment being dedicated to the amazing John Tulli!
Or Johnny as I call him, because that's how he introduced himself, and I'm the type of person that calls someone the name they initially give me.
Or simply, my big brother! ♥

Okay...so to begin this installment....

Back in January of 2008 I saw a preview of a little show called "Eli Stone".
I was perplexed as to why George Michael was on my television, so I turned in for episode one.
To make a long, overtold story short, I became hooked on the show & George Michael's music, particularly after hearing "Amazing".

It was this new fascination of George Michael that led me to sign up for his fanclub.
The 1st little while I made vague posts here and there, but I do remember Johnny being very welcoming & nice in all his responses to my innocent posts saying things I know others were angered by.
After a couple months I started talking to a group of people in a thread Johnny started.
Which led to another thread...I think we ended up with 3 or 4 different threads. haha.

Johnny & 3 others were going to the Dallas George Michael show that summer, and I was having George withdrawals since my show has come and gone. So I had asked him if he could call me from the show during one song.
I realized that giving out my phone number to a complete stranger was risky, and a coworker of mine gave me shit for it, but I already trusted Johnny.
From talking to him on the forums & through myspace, I just got a feeling from him that he was a good, decent person.
Well, he phoned me...1st during "Father Figure", and my hand was literally shaking as I listened on my phone.
Then I got a 2nd call from that show during "Faith"....and 2 concert calls from each of his shows after that.

We started talking more on myspace & facebook as he was on the forums less & less.
Back when he was still using facebook chat. lol.
He got excited with me about me going to my 1st Hanson show and that I said I'd call him from it.
He sent me a DVD all about the AIDS quilt & told me all about a friend he lost to AIDS when we talked on World AIDS Day that year.
And I sent him Hanson's Take The Walk Book for his birthday at the beginning of the year.

Originally, there was going to be a George Michael fan club retreat in March and Johnny was going to go...but, well, stupid people happened and Johnny backed out.
I still went.
And had to sit through all those people, who were formerly his friends, ragging on him...just to "warn" me for my visit. saying they "hope my visit would be different".
People. Sheesh.
In any case, when they'd say that stuff, I'd just go quiet and think about how nice Johnny had been to me, and them as well, and how excited I was to finally meet him in June.

June came & I met Lori & Cali at LAX and we all flew to fort Lauderdale together to spend a week, and George Michael's birthday, with Johnny and Lee.
There were some issues...but only with Cali.
The whole trip was amazing and I didn't want to leave!
I had wanted to get "Amazing" tattooed on my ankle while I was down there...so I did.
And my Hanson tatt was fixed up...while it was being worked on, Johnny was getting tattooed at the exact same time. He got the Chinese symbol for "loyalty" tattooed on his wrist.
I had the opportunity to go back and visit him & Lee in October of that year as well...for Johnny's 1st Hanson show.
Visiting them on my own was a great experience.
Johnny & I talked A LOT on the ride up to Orlando for the concert...about religion, life, music, you name it.
And we got lost.
Found ourselves at animal kingdom...not anywhere near our hotel. haha.
Waffle House & Seven Dwarfs Lane.....we needed to be near an Olive Garden...where's this Olive Garden?????
Stupid mapquest directions!!!!!! lol.
Everything about that trip was amazing!
Seeing Stryper & Manic Drive the next night...and I got to meet the insanely hilarious Jim, too!
Seeing, and being disappointed by, "This Is It".
Staring at cute guys we saw on the beach. haha.
Fun times!

God, this is turning into a novel!
And I haven't even reached 2010 yet!!!!

Okay, I need to get more concise...so I'll skip Seattle & Bon Jovi with the S Crew.
And I won't go into detail about my trip this past August to visit them....except McSmoothies, "Besides, I'm hotter!", drinking at noon, and Cheesy Gourdida crunches....that pretty much sums up the week.
Actually, the best moment of the week was on Sunday morning when Me, Johnny, Lee, and Cammie were all chilling on the couch watching Family Guy & American Dad episodes.
You know what I was thinking at that moment?
"This is perfect! Right now...this! I love this family, so much."
You know when I really knew that Johnny was going to be one of my best friends forever?
Back around Christmas 2008 when we were talking on facebook.
He asked "You know you're part of my family, right?"
I said, "I think so", as friends being family had been mentioned on the forums before.
And he responded, "Good. And don't you forget it!"

I have a weird memory sometimes.

But every nice thing he's ever said to me, leaves me speechless.
I don't know what I did to deserve an amazing friend like him, but I am so blessed to have him in my life.
I'm blessed that he & Lee consider me a part of their family.
I thank God everyday for my wonderful American family.


There's only one little problem.....

....they live to damn far away!!!!

I love my big brother so much and would do absolutely anything for him!
Anything for that family!

I know that there are plenty of people that never get to meet someone even half as special as Johnny, so that makes me feel special.
Okay, well, that's pretty much it...I'm stopping here before I get too mushy & emotional. haha.
Already getting teary.

Hope you liked this blog entry!

Stay tuned for part 2...which will be up at some random point in the future. haha.

No comments:

Followers